Cleaning and Prevention
Our dental hygienists are dental professionals who specialize in preventive dental care. They provide a variety of services to help keep your teeth and gums healthy, including:
- Cleanings: Dental hygienists remove plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth. Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that can build up on your teeth and cause tooth decay and gum disease. Tartar is a hardened form of plaque that can only be removed by a dental hygienist.
- Fluoride treatments: Dental hygienists apply fluoride to your teeth to help prevent tooth decay. Fluoride is a mineral that makes your teeth stronger and more resistant to acid.
- Sealants: Dental hygienists place sealants on the chewing surfaces of your back teeth to help prevent cavities. Sealants are a clear, plastic coating that fills in the tiny grooves on your teeth, making it harder for plaque and food particles to get stuck.
Instructions on oral hygiene: Dental hygienists will teach you how to brush and floss your teeth properly. They will also provide you with tips on how to eat a healthy diet and avoid sugary drinks and foods.
- X-rays: Dental hygienists may take x-rays of your teeth to check for any signs of tooth decay or gum disease.
Dental hygienists play an important role in maintaining your oral health.
By following their recommendations, you can help keep your teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime.
Here are some additional tips for maintaining good oral hygiene at home:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time.
- Floss once a day.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Avoid sugary drinks and foods.
- Quit smoking.
By following these tips, you can help keep your teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime.